Would love to explore more on this idea of notCRUD. I would like to know the people behind the initiative and also their contributions.
Yes, we're around. Happy to answer any questions.0
Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.
Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/
@paraschopra I think a better UI is needed. What's your opinion?
Not sure about the UI, but the UX is already amazing. Things that I really love
- Small preview of latest comment to right of the post
- Editor and preview side/side
Things I do not understand
- What is the point of upvoting? Do the topics or replies come to top based on upvotes?
- Why there is no threaded replies
@paraschopra The website is really nice.
- Give an option to collapse the third column(guidelines). Usually I like to see only one column but recent comments will not hurt.
- Daily email digest of popular posts. I tend to forget to use any website which does not send me a digest.
@roshansingh Thanks a lot! We're also setting up a Trello board to capture feature requests, including yours. Will have an update on that shortly. On another note, there is a feature where users can opt for daily email digests - for now, users haev to enable it manually, and I'm looking for ways to make that less painful.
@rudimk How do I activate it? You should enable it by default and have a one-clik unsubscribe link in the email.
Loving this so far. I have one feature request - creation of polls as posts.
@rudimk : Is it based on Discourse?
@vidseeth I hear ya. Coming right up.
The view count logic needs to change. For now a simple refresh of the post keeps on increasing it's view count.
Could be something inspired from Discourse https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-many-views-are-counted-per-ip/19221/5
Yes. That's a fair one. Although I'm also mulling removing the stats altogether and simplify it further.