[Show NC] Jump in to ride all the Bangalore taxis, at once

• http://pravj.github.io/blog/bangalore-taxis/

Data analysis of an Indian taxi aggregation service. Things you see when you get into the map.

• Wow. This is amazing! On another note, I love the way you've used RethinkDB for aggregating all the data. Lovely stuff!

One question I forgot to ask earlier. I see you've used raw ReQL queries, and I've read a lot on how ReQL is a powerful query language itself. Now, if I were to use RethinkDB from, say, Javascript - would you recommend using raw ReQL or an ODM like Thinky?

• @rudimk Thanks for liking it.
    I opted for RethinkDB because of its native admin section and the ReQL game.
    Also I love it, when it shows the DB read/write visuals.

On your question, I'm actually biased as I have used ReQL only.
    But now looking on Thinky, I won't use this because it gives me a feeling of mongodb models / mongoose and all.

I think you are open on query choices when you are going with raw ReQL.

• This is amazing @pravj! I think what would be super interesting is to mash this analysis with population density of a city to find out where should be more cabs but aren't, and tell tell local cab wallahs to go there to make more money.

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• It would have been great to get this data during the bandh yesterday 02-09-15. I was just thinking about if it could be done and today i read your article.
    Great job not being caught BTW @pravj