Indian Innovation: Too much Valley Kool-Aid without the Valley

• Indian innovation and entrepreneurship suffer because they rely too much on the Silicon Valley model without the Valley's infrastructure and ethos. Recently Narayana Murthy also asked "Why has there been no earth-shaking invention or technology from India over the last 60 years" What are your views?

Read the detailed article here

• For me, it's all about universities and starting right from school/college days to promote more DIY tinkering and basic research. Lack of nobel prizes (science research) and lack of earth shattering invention (engineering) both are very inter-related. But I'm hoping with MOOCs (and availability of great courses like this one, among many others), we will start seeing students risking more of their career for doing interesting projects and hopefully that will kickstart the cycle. What do you think?

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• Haha you just wrote what I always wanted to say. But yeah, at least we can try.

• This post is deleted!

ga___jit

• i think schooling should change first, like most of our education systems revolves around exams (including universities). This should be changed.

• This post is deleted!

ga___jit

• I 'school' at one of those NITs in the country. The syllabus there is pretty outdated. Learning outdated things are fine (because you need to know things were before the boom happened), but, not enlightening students about the new trend is just terrible. Exams should be there, but there also should be something like projects every year where they tell you or you pick a platform and build something useful on that platform. This way people learn and try figuring out where their interests lie in. :bowtie:

• This post is deleted!

ga___jit