Building Flipkart Lite

• Check out Aditya Punjani's post on the tech behind Flipkart Lite. Love the amount of detail that's been documented here, around the engineering behind building the app.

https://medium.com/@AdityaPunjani/building-flipkart-lite-a-progressive-web-app-2c211e641883

• I kind of look at he fact that a shopping website needs two apps - lite and normal, with quite a bit of apprehension.

I have decompiled and exploit-tested the main Flipkart app recently (in my pursuit of creating a shopping aggregator) and it is way too over-engineered. It has at least 4 analuytics services running inside it, including Flurry, Google Analytics, New Relic and what not.
    It also uses Volley, plus they have written their own lazyloaders for Images.

On the other hand, I love Amazon's approach of having used a webview from the beginning itself.

The Flipkart Lite app is what the Flipkart app should have always been (but oh wait no, Investors want loads and loads of user data to be sniffed out -_- )

• @championswimmer said:

The Flipkart Lite app is what the Flipkart app should have always been (but oh wait no, Investors want loads and loads of user data to be sniffed out -_- )

That.