[Show NC] InstantServer.tk - A Free Ubuntu Linux Server on the cloud for all your testing

• http://instantserver.tk/

FREE, instant, linux vps - virtual private server, with root access, on the cloud, that runs Ubuntu 15.10. Your Instant Server will run for 100 minutes. [Proudly made in India by an Indian]

• This is quite nifty. Why not add support for Docker containers, so that you can have a library of Docker images for various use-cases, which I can deploy in a second, to test something?

• Thanks @rudimk , that's a good suggestion. What kind of use case/ application will you use with a limit of 100 minutes?

• Let's say I'm itching to do some quick symbolic computation, or maybe run a quick ML job to test a hypothesis. I could spin up a container on InstantServer from a pre-built image with the IPython Notebook, Sympy and Scipy all pre-loaded, do some quick playing around, and power it down.

• @bvenkysubbu said:

Thanks @rudimk , that's a good suggestion. What kind of use case/ application will you use with a limit of 100 minutes?

I think the biggest use case would be to learn. A lot of times when we want to learn new tech/stack (say MongoDB or hadoop), downloading it and installing it is a pain. If it's just for learning, I can boot up an image and start learning the new tech right away. In fact, an interface with top half docs and bottom half terminal/console would be killer.

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• Sounds a lot like what I was doing with one of my old products.

• thank you for the suggestions @paraschopra and @rudimk. I will compile a list of useful techs and stacks that might benefit developers and see how I can implement this suggestion.

• And BTW, I just updated this app to provide vps that runs the latest and greatest Ubuntu version 15.10.