[Show NC] Screeny - Delete screenshots easily on iOS

• Screeny is a simple utility app to find screenshots in your Camera Roll and delete them easily. Why do I delete screenshots? Because it was taken at one point of time — to share, review or point out something and then forgotten over time. And you would be surprised by the amount of space it consumes.

"Screeny is the screenshot-deleting iPhone app we have wanted all our lives” - The Verge

MacStories - Must have iPhone apps
    AppAdvice - 10 Best Paid iPhone Apps
    Cult of Mac - One of the 12 Best iOS Apps
    TNW - One of the 65 Best Apps launched

Though the use case is super simple but the ease of use and overall experience made Screeny a nifty utility app. There were a lot of learnings from building, marketing and launching this app which today helps us with our upcoming apps.

App Link | Website

• This is awesome! Like you pointed out, the use case is exceedingly simple - and honestly, before seeing Screeny, never gave it a second thought. But now I can see how useful Screeny could really be - we all end up taking dozens of screenshots and always forget to delete them later.

Also, you mentioned you picked up a lot from building, marketing and launching the app. Would you like to share some of that here?

Hate to ask the obvious - but any chance of an Android version too? :P

• Downloading it on my phone. It's interesting - I'm so used to free apps that it caught my eye to see that it costs as much as a latte in CCD (60 Rs. is not too much but I'm surprised at my behavior -- I think by now it's pretty clear that most users expect apps to be free).

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• Just checked it. Really WELL DONE! It's neat and simple.

How do you know that an image is a screenshot? Also have you blogged about your learnings anywhere? Would love to read and hear them. Who did the design of the app?

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• @rudimk Android has a separate folders for screenshots right? You just need to flush it periodically, I guess.

To be human is to be curious, childlike, complex and immoral.

• It does, and yes, in the absence of something like Screeny, you could always delete that folder. But then again, having an app just to do that for you...

• With iOS 9, all the screenshots show up in a folder named "Screenshots". But an interaction that simplifies the task is always welcome.

• @rudimk @paraschopra As a designer i wanted something like Screeny way back during iOS7 days. Even asked on twitter if something like this exists. At that time, it was a limitation at an OS level. Third party apps could not access the camera roll. That changed in iOS8. So did chance pe dance :)

@paraschopra i did the ux/ui for the app and i knew space saving had a more emotional connect than the number of screenshots deleted (was using a 16gb phone then. Trust me these space savings are god sent!)

I have written about our journey in multiple posts