The churn being witnessed in India's start-up scape

• The number of start-ups in India has nuclear bombed.
    Start-ups have now become almost the most coveted thing to do
    amongst tech undergrads.
    This is great.
    There is also a lot of churn in the industry.
    Just about anyone can quickly come up to speed on the widely proliferating tool set.
    This has resulted in a really large number of start-ups
    that are not that well thought out from a product and usefulness standpoint,
    but have solid implementation, good looking Uis ad graphics and appear to be useful.
    Many such start-ups are getting hits too with marketing muscle to back them up
    and VCs pouring in money to provide the financial bulwark.
    In five years from now, I see 99 out of 100 dead.
    That's what I mean, when I say there's a lot of churn going on right now.
    The best way to avoid fading out and dying a slow death
    is to pay a lot more attention to the value proposition of your product.
    It's very easy nowadays to build a product.
    Anyone can build one and everyone is doing it.
    To differentiate you have to look at your product from the customer's side.
    I think, most start-ups don't pay enough attention to that part.

--7--

• To look at your product from customer side there are lots of tools available if your product is a website or a app. One such tool is https://www.hotjar.com/r/rb063 which i have been using and its great.

• This is how one can avoid the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-ncN8c6Yk( The Value of "Hobbies" for Tech Professionals). Skip the first minute.

• @biplav
    This appears useful after you have launched your product. Most of your user side research should happen before that.

--7--

• @p_chhonker
    Starting out with a hobby makes a lot of sense since that's a domain outside your usual tech stuff where your have a pre-existing interest so you probably wont get bored researching it. Domain research does take time.

--7--