An idea I'm willing to fund: weekend activity and holiday recommender

• Idea: a service that you can subscribe to which recommends where you can travel on extended weekends and what fun activities you can do in and around your city during the weekends.

Why is it a pain?

For me, travel planning is extremely difficult and usually last-minute. Day to day activities consume most of my days, so when (an extended) weekend arrives, I'm usually unable to plan in an optimal manner.

What it could look like?

To start with a simple email service that gives you 30 or 60 days advance notice of weekends and extended holidays that you can take and recommends intelligently: a) for a specific budget, which places within country or outside country would be best to visit; b ) which interesting events within city can I book way in advance; c) what weekend breaks around my city are still unexplored. Over time the service learns what I like and what I don't.

Is anyone willing to build a simple MVP around it? I'm happy to clarify my use case.

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• I can relate to the problem :)
    Reminders and recommendations within budgets will definitely help.
    Willing to work on this. How can we best connect?

• @navinkulkarni said:

I can relate to the problem :)
    Reminders and recommendations within budgets will definitely help.
    Willing to work on this. How can we best connect?

I think this is where I should build in direct messages.

• Isn't that very close to what the HolidayIQ Mobile App is ?

• A calender you can set when your holidays are? and a budget?
    with a number of people you are going?

• @paraschopra - did this come in the wake of the coming extended weekend :P

To be human is to be curious, childlike, complex and immoral.

• @navinkulkarni Get it touch with me at paras{at}wingify{dot}com

@motyar yep, pretty much calendar revolving around holidays.

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• I think nearbuy.com by GROUPON has a similar idea, their strategy is definitely to become a discovery platform for things to do in and around your city.

• Tushky is basically this.

• If it's an optimized calendar, having features like 'show destination' as per traveller interest, number of people holidaying/traveling, within a certain distance, I think it would serve better. A list of options can be rolled out in front on the user after filling certain basic details.

• @paraschopra
    Just got engaged creating the website and app for campture.com

The idea here pretty much fits the bill.

• Do I smell a deal in the making? :P

• We had a similar intention with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.m7.nomad

City-Guide.jpg