[Show NC] Indian Cities JSON - 1215 indian cities and states for your next app

• https://github.com/nshntarora/Indian-Cities-JSON

*After hundreds of unsuccessful searches for a rails gem to add the cities and states select option which could work the way I wanted it to, I gave up. Then, I began searching for a .json from which I could directly fetch the information and make it work, there too, I failed, I couldn't find the "perfect" file.

So, I downloaded the largest Excel sheet of cities I could find, and converted it to a JSON. For me and for any "not a god" developer like me.

Open citites.json and search for your (or your girlfriend's/boyfriend's) hometown and current location. If you don't find it, create a pull request :smile:

• This is a pretty handy resource for indian apps. Great job! Thanks for contributing.

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• Hi

I have more exhaustive list of indian state , cities and Localities. I am going to expose that list With a REST API. Let me know if some one need that list.

• This post is deleted!

ga___jit

• @shinyshubham said:

Hi

I have more exhaustive list of indian state , cities and Localities. I am going to expose that list With a REST API. Let me know if some one need that list.

This will be super useful. You should do it. Would love to see the list.

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• In case you want 'complete' list of Indian places you can use All India Pincode Directory. This has more than 65,000 places. It provides an API as well as a CSV file that you can download. It might not be directly usable but you can write a script to convert this CSV and extract useful information.
    I might convert this data into a more usable format if I get some time.

Just to add, you can also use http://www.fallingrain.com/world/IN/ In case you are willing to scrape the website. You might want to check the license for this data.

• Thanks for this, Looks cool