Bitcoin projects in India?

• Do you know any interesting bitcoin projects / startups happening in India? I really think cryptocurrencies hold a lot of potential in India (especially where so much of business still happens in cash)

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

Personal blog: paraschopra.com/blog/

• At a very basic level, there's Unocoin. It's an India-specific Bitcoin wallet service, which allows you to trade in Bitcoin with Indian bank accounts easily.

• This post is deleted!

ga___jit

• To an extent, that's true, but I think people are waiting to see how governments and central banking institutions react, with legislation or whatever, which anyway is against the whole concept of Bitcoin. In the US, the Feds are still trying to figure things out. In India, there are usually raids on bitcoin exchanges that operate outside the RBI's orbit.

• @khitchdee said:

I could be mistaken or poorly informed, but I got the impression that after the initial euphoria over Bitcoin, it's adoption amongst the developer community died out substantially world-wide.

Bitcoin is seeing a resurgence in technology where the basic technology (blockchain) is being used in various fields such as DNS (Namecoin) or authorship proofs, etc.

Did you know notCRUD has cool signatures? Use them by going to your User Profile > Edit.

• Well there is Gainbitco.in . It's trying to gain some grounds and trying to make a huge bitcoin cloud miners community in india.Though the approach might seem unusual but the goal to spread bitcoin education in India and allowing people to become a part of bitcoin community is worth appreciating.

• Deviating from the Bitcoin genre, there is https://trestor.org/ . They are trying to create their own online 'value store'.

• This post is deleted!

ga___jit

• I've used btcxindia.com and zebpay.com a lot for buying and selling bitcoins.

You can get gift cards or discount coupons for bitcoins at zebpay

App developer. pilanites.com and inkmat.com

• @shobhitic said:

I've used btcxindia.com and zebpay.com a lot for buying and selling bitcoins.

You can get gift cards or discount coupons for bitcoins at zebpay

Anyway is bitcoin allowed for transactions by RBI?

• RBI has just warned people to use it on their own risk. They haven't banned it or anything yet. The exchanges are legal.

App developer. pilanites.com and inkmat.com