[Show NC] eSportVision - Platform for watching multiplayer video games

• I designed eSportVision for watching multiplayer esport matches for games like CounterStrike, league of legends, Dota2 etc. Its USP is that, it allows the user to watch POVs of all 10 pIayers at the same time.

If you want to try it out, watch this video https://youtu.be/BaWVG4-w2Ac at 1080p. It explains how the match viewer actually works. Narration in the video has a very monotonous tone and you will need, patience of a saint, to watch it to the end. It has been recorded by yours truly and serves as an example of what not to do while recording an app demo. I was reading from a script. :)

Let me give you a brief background of esportvision. It has not been designed to be a startup on its own. It was an experiment created by me so that I could learn video and streaming technologies for my upcoming startup. I was hoping to finish it in under a month. It took more than 3 months to finish. eSportVision demands that you download a file from a torrent if you want to play the demo. This is an artifact of this project just being an experiment. Torrent based download is provided, so that if the download is interrupted due to any reason, users wont be forced to download from the beginning as, the demo files are quite large. The demo files are nothing but video files, in webm format, with an extension of esv.

And yes it is similar to twitch.tv in many aspects. However, IMO, it is light years ahead in terms of functionality. When I first designed the concept, I was not even aware of the twitch.tv or I would not have put in so much effort into this experiment.

If anyone out there is interested in pursuing this as a startup, get in touch with me. I will give you the source code free of charge. Only condition is that you will have to be serious about doing it.

• Why don't you just put the code out there, see what people make of it?

• @rudimk There are technical reasons for it. Although, you have to download just one video file to run the demo. The browser runs up to 11 instances of the video file internally. Hence the requirement for Google Chrome and a fast PC. This project turned out to be barely possible (technically speaking). This is the sixth version of the prototype. I would personally do the full knowledge transfer of the earlier attempts. Towards this end, I will prefer if founders are based around Delhi/NCR region. Of course, people running it, may later choose to run things their own way.

And the source has a lot of extra functionality built in which the demo video does not discusses. I don't want those concepts to become public as I will be using those in my own startup. I will share those concepts with the team that attempts this project. Just don't want the extra attention at the moment.

• You might want to reach out to Rahul Sood of Unikrn.com and/or Karan Misra of sostronk.com . Both of these startups are into ESports and use Twitch and Youtube respectively. I believe they can benefit from this.

NB: Karan is my classmate.